Position Title: Project Manager
Position Location: Beirut
Position Duration: 10 months
Report to: HQ desk officer ME
Target Start Date: October 2019
The Project Manager will provide support for all implementation aspects of one of HOPE’s projects, including monitoring and evaluation and finance. The project manager will act as the focal point for all project related issues and is responsible for proper coordination between all project related stakeholders
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of activities;
- Support and follow-up on the implementation of project activities in accordance with project proposal and activities timeline;
- Conduct field visits as necessary to monitor project implementation;
- Collaborate with the Desk officer to manage all donor requirements and specifications, including the preparation of quarterly progress reports;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation of the project ensuring achievement of project indicators;
- Support local Partner in handling all logistics of workshops, events, meetings, including invitations, material, minutes, etc;
- Intensive networking and door knocking to invite new partners and donors to join hands with HOPE with special focus on the corporate sector;
- Help maintain a network of partners and stakeholders including Government, private sector & NGOs;
- Support HOPE Communication & Fundraising Office the preparation of periodic PR materials to highlight the work of HOPE in Lebanon.
- Support Desk Office handle project finances and budgeting.
Outreach & Sustainability:
- Participate in developing innovative project ideas to address Syrian displaced people in Lebanon.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate will fit the profile below, however we are open to consider strong candidates with alternative profiles such as business, CSR, or education backgrounds.
- Relevant university degree. A Masters degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience preferably in the field of development or education;
- Experience in report writing and developing project documents and work plans;
- Experience in managing project budgets and maintaining financial control;
- Proven experience in managing the finances of donor-funded projects highly desirable;
- Financial reporting requirements a plus;
- Track record of successful project management, monitoring and evaluation.
Skills and Languages:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write and speak persuasively;
- Excellent English and Arabic writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills, especially experience of Excel;
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and partnership building skills;
- Excellent leadership and team building skills;
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing;
- Ability to work with multi-stakeholders and partners.
Some travel to Akkar governorate is required.
A package will be offered to selected candidate, depending on the experience and considering a 15% FTE requirement.
If you think you are a self-motivated individual, who also believes in the mission and vision of this organisation with the above-mentioned skills and qualifications, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe you qualify for this job.
To apply, please send your resume/CV along with a cover letter/email to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted – please do not contact us directly. The subject should clearly mention, please refer to “(Name) – Lebanon Project Manager Position”
HOPE is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from women and men, and individuals with a disability or special needs, who meet the above profile requirements.